A Truck Accident Is A Serious Matter
Being involved in an accident of any kind can be a traumatizing experience. However, the potential ramifications of a truck accident are often even more severe.
This is due in large part to the sheer size and magnitude of force exerted by large trucks as compared to passenger vehicles.
In the aftermath of a truck accident in Pennsylvania, you might be wondering how to move forward. Between hospital bills, property damage, and emotional trauma, the pathway to recovery can feel like an insurmountable battle. Fortunately, however, there are things you can do.
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a Pennsylvania truck accident, know you are not alone. My name is Bill Mansour. At Mansour Law, LLC, I take pride in helping my clients during some of the most painful and difficult times in their lives. Give my firm a call today to discuss your case with an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury and truck accident lawyer and see what I can do for you.
Truck Accident Statistics And Contributing Factors
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were approximately 112,000 crashes in 2018 involving large trucks that resulted in injuries. This constituted a 5% increase from the previous year. Even more concerning, however, is the fact that there were also 4,862 large trucks involved in fatal crashes in 2018 alone.
Unfortunately, Pennsylvania is no exception to these kinds of statistics. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, there were 7,336 total crashes involving large trucks on Pennsylvania roadways in 2018. Of these, 118 resulted in fatalities.
While these statistics are certainly devastating, they are not necessarily surprising.
This is because there are a number of factors that contribute to making truck and big rig accidents more dangerous than other types of motor vehicle crashes. Below are some examples of contributing factors that frequently lead to truck accidents:
- Relatively large size of trucks, sometimes weighing as much as 20-30 times more than a standard passenger vehicle
- Increased ground clearance, which can lead to smaller vehicles getting more easily caught underneath
- Diminished braking capabilities in large trucks, as compared to smaller passenger vehicles
- Driver fatigue as a result of long hours on the road
- Driver errors, such as unsafe lane changes and failure to follow traffic laws
- Failure to properly maintain and repair trucks to ensure they are safe for the road
No matter what conditions led to the accident, the fact remains that the result can be catastrophic. If you need help recovering in the aftermath of a large truck accident in Pennsylvania, know you have rights. Contact a truck wreck attorney today to discuss your options and see how you can begin the process toward recovery.
What Are Your Rights After A Truck Accident In Pennsylvania?
After involvement in a Pennsylvania truck accident, you may have a right to compensation to help you recover from the harm you suffered. This compensation is referred to as your legal “damages.”
Who Can You Hold Responsible?
After involvement in a truck accident, many people mistakenly believe that they may only pursue a legal claim against the driver of the truck. However, this is not the case.
Rather, you may be able to pursue a claim against any party that was negligent, or failed to exercise reasonable care, and ultimately caused the crash that led to your injuries. Thus, examples of parties that you may be able to hold liable for your injuries might include:
- A driver who drove carelessly
- The trucking company who required a driver to work more hours than allowed by law
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle part that caused the accident
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list. Thus, to discuss what parties might be legally responsible in your particular case, contact a semi-truck accident attorney near you as soon as practicable.
What Damages Can You Pursue?
In Pennsylvania, you may be able to recover damages to help compensate you for the harm you suffered. Examples of damages in a truck accident case might include compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses arising out of your accident
- Any property damage sustained
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering damages
Importantly, however, you cannot recover damages in a Pennsylvania truck accident if you were more than 50% at fault in causing the accident that led to your injuries.
Not sure whether and to what extent you may be entitled to recover damages? Contact my firm today to discuss your case with an experienced Pennsylvania truck accident lawyer.
Do You Need A Truck Accident Lawyer In Pennsylvania To Help You?
There’s no law in Pennsylvania requiring you to hire a lawyer for your truck accident injury case. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t hire one.
In fact, having a legal professional in your corner is often one of the best things you can do to increase your chances of winning your case. A personal injury and truck accident lawyer in Pennsylvania can help you:
- Gather evidence and information to support your case
- Assess your claims and recoverable damages
- Negotiate potential settlements with opposing parties and their insurers
- Take your case all the way to trial when a favorable settlement is not possible
Many people are understandably worried about the potential cost of hiring an attorney to assist with their case. At Mansour Law, LLC, however, I don’t want that to be a barrier to obtaining the legal representation you need and deserve. That’s why I will not charge you any fee unless I win your case.
Mansour Law, LLC: Your Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyer
With so many truck accident law firms to choose from, selecting the right one for your case can often feel overwhelming. To help you make the decision easier for you, here are a few reasons why I think Mansour Law, LLC, is the best truck accident law firm for the job:
- I pride myself on providing personalized and compassionate representation to each of my clients.
- I have dedicated a large portion of my practice to representing personal injury victims, specifically.
- I offer 100% risk-free case reviews to all potential clients.
- I’m honored to have received many positive reviews from former satisfied clients.
Navigating a truck accident personal injury case is never easy, but I want to help make it as smooth for you as possible. At every step along the way, I will fight fearlessly for your rights. Have questions about how to move forward from here? Contact my firm today to discuss your case with an experienced Pennsylvania truck accident lawyer and see what I can do for you.